Scenario:Let's consider this requirement for an SSIS Package " We want to load multiple files to SQL server Table but we want to log the time when the process started and then update the End Time column in log table so we can measure how much time each file took to load"
- How to Create an SSIS Package from Scratch
- How to Load Multiple Files to SQL Server Table in SSIS Package
- How to extract file name into variable in SSIS Package
- How to Create Stored procedure with output parameter
- How to get Last identity value from stored Procedure
- How to Insert File Load StartDateTime By using Execute SQL Task
- How to update File Load EndDatetime after file is loaded to SQL Server Table.
Script for the Demo to use Execute SQL Task with Stored Procedure Input and Output Parameter
--Create table to Log Load Time,FileName and PackageName Create table dbo.FileLoadInformation ( PkgId int identity(1,1), PackageName VARCHAR(100), FileName VARCHAR(100), RecordCnt Int, StartDateTime DateTime, EndDateTime DateTime) Truncate table dbo.FileLoadInformation Select * From dbo.FileLoadInformation Truncate table dbo.customer Select * from dbo.Customer ----------------------------------- --Create Procedure To Insert Information Before Data Flow Task Start Create procedure dbo.InsertLogInfo @PackageName VARCHAR(100), @fileName VARCHAR(100), @PkgID int output AS BEGIN insert into dbo.FileLoadInformation (PackageName,FileName,StartDateTime) values ( @PackageName,@fileName,getdate()) Set @PkgID= SCOPE_IDENTITY() return END --Test if Stored Procedure is working fine Declare @id int EXEC dbo.InsertLogInfo 'PackageName','TestFile',@id output Print @id --Script to use in Execute SQL task To Insert A Record --and Return Identity Value to Output Parameter EXEC dbo.InsertLogInfo ?,?,? output --Create Procedure to Update the Same Row that we inserted before --Data Flow Task Started to Update EndDatetime and RecordCount Create procedure dbo.UpdateLogInfo @pkgid int, @RecordCnt int AS BEGIN update dbo.FileLoadInformation set EndDateTime=getdate() ,RecordCnt=@RecordCnt where PkgId=@pkgid END --Script used in Execute SQL Task to Run the SP EXEC dbo.UpdateLogInfo ?,?
Related Posts / Videos on Execute SQL Task
- Execute SQL Task Demo for Max Size of SQL Statement in Execute SQL Task Query Editor and Solution
- Execute SQL Task Demo- How to Build Dynamic SQL Query to Execute Multiple Stored Procedures those names are saved in a SQL Server Table
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from a SQL Server Table in SSIS Package ( SQLStatementType= Variable)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from Excel file in SSIS Package ( Record Set Destination, Object Type Variable and Foreach Loop Container Demo as well)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Single Row Result Set in Execute SQL Task and Control the Flow Tasks by using that value ( Precedence Constraint Demo as well).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Insert Query in Execute SQL Task and Map the variables to Parameters ( Insert File Name and Record Count after Loading the File).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to build Query by using Variables in Execute SQL Task ( File Name validation and move files to Archive folder and Bad File Folder if does not validation correctly)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Full Result Set in Execute SQL Task ( Get Folder Path and File Names from SQL Table and Load those files)
- Execute SQL Task - How to Load Files from Specific Folder Paths Saved in a SQL Table By using SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( use Variable value in Expressions Demo) - How to Reject Already Loaded Files and Load Only New Files in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Handle Single Row Result Set Blank Error) -Single Row result set is specified, but no rows were returned in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Save Result Set to Variable Demo) - How to Return Deleted and Update
- Record Count from Execute SQL Task and Write to Flat File in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Build Dynamic Query in Variable and use as Source ) - How to Save Query in Variable and Use in Execute SQL Task
- Execute SQL Task Expression's Demo - Using Variable in IF Clause in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Parameter Mapping Demo for Stored Procedures) - How to Run multiple Stored Procedure in Execute SQL Task with Input Parameters
- Read Single Cell Value from an Excel File in SSIS Package