Scenario:We have multiple folders inside our main folder but for our SSIS Package we want to load only files from some specific folders which are assigned to that SSIS Package. The folder paths are saved with SSIS Package Name in a Table. We want to Extract the Folder Paths and then load the files to a SQL Server Table in SSIS Package.
What you will learn in this SSIS Package
- How to create a Table to store Folder Path and SSIS Package Name
- How to Extract Required records (Folder Paths) in SSIS Package from a SQL Server Table by using Execute SQL Task
- Why to use Full Result Set in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- How to Loop through Object Type variable by using For-each Loop Container and save value to variable
- Use nested For-each Loop to use the Folder path that was returned by outer For-each Loop Container.
- How to use Variable value in Flat File Connection Manager by using Expressions
- How to Archive Files after loading to SQL Server Table in SSIS Package
Script used in the video to save folder path to SQL Table for Loading
USE [Test] GO --drop table [dbo].[FilesToLoad] CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FilesToLoad]( [PackageName] [varchar](100) NULL, [FolderOath] [varchar](100) NULL ) insert into dbo.FilesToLoad values ('Pkg_ASia_Europe_FileLoad','C:\Users\Aamir\Desktop\InputFolder\Customer_AS'), ('Pkg_ASia_Europe_FileLoad','C:\Users\Aamir\Desktop\InputFolder\Customer_EU') Select * from [dbo].[FilesToLoad]
Related Posts / Videos on Execute SQL Task
- Execute SQL Task Demo for Max Size of SQL Statement in Execute SQL Task Query Editor and Solution
- Execute SQL Task Demo- How to Build Dynamic SQL Query to Execute Multiple Stored Procedures those names are saved in a SQL Server Table
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from a SQL Server Table in SSIS Package ( SQLStatementType= Variable)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from Excel file in SSIS Package ( Record Set Destination, Object Type Variable and Foreach Loop Container Demo as well)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Single Row Result Set in Execute SQL Task and Control the Flow Tasks by using that value ( Precedence Constraint Demo as well).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Insert Query in Execute SQL Task and Map the variables to Parameters ( Insert File Name and Record Count after Loading the File).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Stored Procedure with Input/Output Parameters in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package( Load File Name, Package Name , Record Count and File Load Time in SQL Server Table).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to build Query by using Variables in Execute SQL Task ( File Name validation and move files to Archive folder and Bad File Folder if does not validation correctly)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Full Result Set in Execute SQL Task ( Get Folder Path and File Names from SQL Table and Load those files)
- Execute SQL Task - How to Load Files from Specific Folder Paths Saved in a SQL Table By using SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( use Variable value in Expressions Demo) - How to Reject Already Loaded Files and Load Only New Files in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Handle Single Row Result Set Blank Error) -Single Row result set is specified, but no rows were returned in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Save Result Set to Variable Demo) - How to Return Deleted and Update
- Record Count from Execute SQL Task and Write to Flat File in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Build Dynamic Query in Variable and use as Source ) - How to Save Query in Variable and Use in Execute SQL Task
- Execute SQL Task Expression's Demo - Using Variable in IF Clause in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Parameter Mapping Demo for Stored Procedures) - How to Run multiple Stored Procedure in Execute SQL Task with Input Parameters
- Read Single Cell Value from an Excel File in SSIS Package