Scenario:How to run the different parts of SQL Statements depending upon the values of variable. Depending upon the value of variable we will be executing different parts of SQL Statements inside Execute SQL Task.
In this video of learning about Execute SQL Task , we will learn following Items
- How to Create SSIS package from Scratch
- How to create an variable in SSIS Package
- How to use variable in expressions to build sql statement in Execute SQL Task.
- How to use variable to run specific part of SQL inside Execute SQL Task
Expressions used in the Video to build IF clause by using Variable values from SSIS Package
"DECLARE @RegionCode VARCHAR(2) SET @RegionCode='"+ @[User::RegionCD]+"' If @RegionCode='EU' BEGIN insert into dbo.Customer_EU Select * from dbo.Customer_NA END If @RegionCode='NA' BEGIN Truncate table dbo.Customer_NA END "
Related Posts / Videos on Execute SQL Task
- Execute SQL Task Demo for Max Size of SQL Statement in Execute SQL Task Query Editor and Solution
- Execute SQL Task Demo- How to Build Dynamic SQL Query to Execute Multiple Stored Procedures those names are saved in a SQL Server Table
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from a SQL Server Table in SSIS Package ( SQLStatementType= Variable)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to Execute SQL Queries from Excel file in SSIS Package ( Record Set Destination, Object Type Variable and Foreach Loop Container Demo as well)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Single Row Result Set in Execute SQL Task and Control the Flow Tasks by using that value ( Precedence Constraint Demo as well).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Insert Query in Execute SQL Task and Map the variables to Parameters ( Insert File Name and Record Count after Loading the File).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Stored Procedure with Input/Output Parameters in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package( Load File Name, Package Name , Record Count and File Load Time in SQL Server Table).
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to build Query by using Variables in Execute SQL Task ( File Name validation and move files to Archive folder and Bad File Folder if does not validation correctly)
- Execute SQL Task Demo - How to use Full Result Set in Execute SQL Task ( Get Folder Path and File Names from SQL Table and Load those files)
- Execute SQL Task - How to Load Files from Specific Folder Paths Saved in a SQL Table By using SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( use Variable value in Expressions Demo) - How to Reject Already Loaded Files and Load Only New Files in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Handle Single Row Result Set Blank Error) -Single Row result set is specified, but no rows were returned in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Save Result Set to Variable Demo) - How to Return Deleted and Update
- Record Count from Execute SQL Task and Write to Flat File in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task Expression's Demo - Using Variable in IF Clause in Execute SQL Task in SSIS Package
- Execute SQL Task ( Parameter Mapping Demo for Stored Procedures) - How to Run multiple Stored Procedure in Execute SQL Task with Input Parameters
- Read Single Cell Value from an Excel File in SSIS Package